Design solutions that are simple to understand, to develop, to deploy and to maintain.
- Design IT solutions to business problems, with a focus on supporting use cases rather than achieving a technical ideal
- Separate solutions into components with well-defined responsibilities, preferably decoupled and independent
- Follow proven recipes and principles where applicable (almost always), and use your imagination to innovate in all other situations – most importantly, know how to tell the difference
- Organize and manage the source code to ensure continuous integration and rollout
- Guide development teams with expertise and leadership
- Keep up to speed with technology developments.
- Become a better developer
- Stay humble
- Avoid making decisions too early and leave options wide open as long as possible
- Pay back technical debt
- Build the Lego Millenium Falcon : 7541 pieces!
« Software architecture is the art of drawing lines that I call boundaries. »
Some of our consultants’ achievements